Are you trying to get back the lost smile once again? Whatever your age may be, it is never late to try and restore the shape and the formation of your teeth as good teeth is the ultimate way that will ensure that you have a naturally beautiful smile. Although over the years, several orthodontic as well as cosmetic procedures have come up in the market that solve the various problems associated with the shape, size and the formation of the teeth and the gum, yet braces continue to be one of the most preferred options as it has no side effects. With the invention and use of the porcelain braces, there is no longer the chance of embarrassment or ugliness that would otherwise bother people before opting for braces.
What are porcelain braces?
Although the functionality of these braces are same as those of the traditional metal braces, that people usually had during the 19th and the early 20th century, yet they differ quite dramatically when it comes to their appearance. While metal braces were usually suggested for kids to assist them shape their teeth, porcelain braces on the other hand can be used by people of all ages without having to look odd with a network of metal over one’s teeth. A quick look at http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/features/straight-talk-about-braces-for-adults?page=1 will tell you more about this fact. That is why these braces are quite common in the present age as they help to shape the teeth naturally without adding any weird features to your beautiful face.
Advantages of porcelain braces
- The first and the foremost advantage of the porcelain version of the braces over the age old metal braces is that these are almost invisible and do not cause any sort of embarrassing situation for the wearer. When compared with other forms of cosmetic procedure that can help change the shape of the teeth, the porcelain braces are quite safe and usually do not have any side effect or do not cause any long term injuries either.
- These braces, unlike the metal ones, can be removed quite easily by the wearer and therefore makes it more convenient in use and replace than the usual metal ones.
- Moreover, since the porcelain braces are made out of thin trays, they remain almost invisible and hence other peoples do not have any chance to notice it.
- These braces are available in a wide variety of colors and shades, you can easily obtain braces that will actually match your teeth color.
- Another important factor that usually makes people opt for these braces is the comfort level that people usually enjoy while wearing these. There is hardly any experience of pain while wearing the porcelain braces.
- One of the major drawbacks which make people hesitate is the cost factor that is associated with these types of braces. The price ranges between 500-1000 $ and is thus quite expensive as compared to the metal braces.
- The make of these braces is such that they often tend to get blemished when they come in contact with food items and beverages, thereby leaving stain marks that may look quite bad on someone’s face.
- These braces require a lot of maintenance for the proper upkeep.
- The use of porcelain for braces may often result in failure of the brackets and they are quite brittle and if a harder force is applied to them, they may break down and need a total replacement, thereby making the process more complicated for the wearer.
- Another disadvantage of these braces is that they cannot be used for all the teeth in the mouth. This is usually decided by the dentist on the basis of the chewing pattern of the patient or the way in which the teeth of the person overlap each other when they come close. This disadvantage is basically because of the factor that porcelain is harder than the usual enamel of the tooth and may cause wear of the place if there is not enough space.
Foods to avoid while wearing porcelain braces
- Sunflower seeds
- Hard candy
- Whole apples
Foods to prefer while wearing braces
- Whole grain bread
- Dairy products
- Diced apples
Looking good with porcelain braces
In order to make sure that your face and your smile looks good, while you are wearing the porcelain braces, you should follow the following steps:
Step 1: keeping your braces clean – it is the most important thing you should take care of. Make sure that you brush your teeth at least 2-4 times daily with an electric brush and also use cloth everyday to ensure that your braces are immaculately clean. However, you should never use a whitening toothpaste as this may create a disparity in colors between your actual teeth and your braces.
Step 2: put on makeup very cautiously – according to http://www.wikihow.com/Look-Good-in-Ceramic-Braces, wearing lipsticks or lip gloss should be done quite carefully as these tend to seep in and smudge the edges of the braces.
Step 3: being confident – while most people will tend to look at you curiously if you are wearing braces, even though they may be porcelain ones, you must not get weak or show that you are overly self conscious. Being confident will ensure that you carry off your braces quite well and people will gradually stop giving weird looks.
Step 4: change your ligatures regularly – when you use porcelain braces for your teeth, they often are associated with ligatures that fit around the braces. These ligatures are prone to getting stained very easily and that is why you need to get them replaced regularly to avoid unnecessary stain marks on your teeth.
Brands that usually offer good quality porcelain braces
Since using these braces is quite intricate, hence, you must always ensure that you opt for only the best in the market. This will help you avoid any sort of complication that may arise out of the material and the make of the braces. Here are a few brands that have made quite a name in the market for their quality product:
- GAC International
- ClassOne Orthodontics
- TP Orthodontics
- American Orthodontics
- 3M Unitek
- Ortho Technology